A Letter to The Person Who Has Influenced Me The Most



Bandung, February 3rd, 2018
          Dear Big Bro,

          Somehow I don’t want to write this letter for you because few days ago you chatted me and were too confident that I would write this fourth letter about ‘the person who has influenced you the most’ for you. Well, you were right and now I’m really writing this for you. I just don’t want to admit it, you’ve influenced me both direct and indirectly.

          To be the youngest, I used to look up to you and big sis. Since we grew up in the same place, it looked like I followed your footsteps everywhere. We went to the same primary school, junior high, senior high and college, I’ve even taken the same major as yours. At first, I was very annoyed every time the teachers spoke about you. I didn’t like to be compared to you, I felt like I lived in your shadow. I started to find different things that I could do, somethings that you failed to achieve. I knew you were not the best in the primary school, so I tried to always be the best in class since I was just seven. Then you told me that you failed to compete in some competitions and the biggest dream of yours that time is to win the OSN. I tried. I got a lot of chances so that I graduated without being in your shadow anymore. And it was the time in the senior high when I first realized that I wasn’t competing with you, but I was admiring you. I envied you, all things about you. I tried to get in TN while you were telling me not to. I insisted, but I never regretted it. Good times are blessing, and so do hard times. Hard situations often led us to be grateful of what we have at the time. It taught me to stay humble, love this life more and live happier.

          We used to fight, to tease each other when we were young. I remembered I would always cry and report to our parents. I would be very mad every time mom stood up for you. I even hated mom for it. But it’s slowly disappearing along with you going to senior high. I surprisingly missed our fights when you were away. But when you came back home in the holidays, I couldn’t say no for everything you asked me. You changed. You even encouraged me to study and you stopped teasing me as often as before. And from that time, I started to follow you. The fact was I found out that I loved you, despite of everything you’ve done to me. I forgot since when we started to talk heart to heart. I told you every problem I had, and I realized you had the talent of being a motivator, at least for me. Even though the Chinese myth said that rabbit and roaster like us wouldn’t get along well, but we proved that it was wrong. We unexpectedly got along very well. We shared everything, and I like it.

At the end you were the biggest support that I had. You told me what to do when I lost myself in the flow. You showed me the way. You guided me, you didn’t spoil me, you cared for me in a way that only you could do it. I end up relying on you again and again. You’d been my role model since I was a kid. Maybe I surpassed you in a few things like school grades, but you are always better in every aspect. Keep being the big bro that I can be proud of, okay? But when it’s becoming harder you can always talk to me.

I am very blessed to have family like ours, especially to have you as one of my primary supporting system. Hope that we can achieve our dreams together, along with big sis, mommy and daddy!

Always care for you as you do,
Your pretty and cute little sis

*PS : This letter is already over my limit so that I think I can’t write any of this for you anymore. I can’t do this anymore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masuk SMA Taruna Nusantara tuh gimana sih, kak?

Review Novel : Pergi - Tere Liye

Pabrik MTI 2018